We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced Software Architect to join and be a leader on our engineering team. You will own the end-to-end architecture of our modular product, built on a decentralized Rails platform and build the technology for taking it to hundreds of thousands of users. You will work in a team-oriented environment while collaborating with both business and engineering, taking a coach approach to leadership.
PAIRIN is a social enterprise company whose mission is to make education relevant and hiring equitable. The PAIRIN team believes that by providing the right data, tools, and resources, we can remove the barriers that prevent people and organizations from reaching their maximum potential.
Why come work for us?
- Recognized startup by the Denver business community.
- 2017 Emerging Tech Company of the Year (Apex Awards)
- 2017 Colorado Companies to Watch (CCTW)
- 2017 Denver Startup of the Year (Denver Chamber of Commerce)
- 2018 and 2019 Outside 50 Best Places to Work (#13 in 2019)
- 2019 Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work (#2 in Tech)
- We have a cool office in the RiNo District, with a fun team and lots of amenities!
- Competitive salary, professional development budget, and stock options
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental insurance, including 100% of individual and partial family premium covered by employer, as well as 401K benefits
- Flexible work hours, location, and unlimited PTO
- We support whatever makes you most effective at doing your job
- Dog friendly environment
- A passion for personal and professional development
- Desire to have your talent make a difference in the world
- Excited about evolving a decentralized Rails platform to support a modular React frontend
- Passion for technology and cutting-edge industry trends
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Bringing fresh ideas and a great attitude to the team
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Enthusiasm for accepting and giving feedback and continuously improving your and your team’s skills
- Eagerness to seize every opportunity to develop technical and business knowledge
- Flexible enough to work in a fast-growing startup, but experienced enough to provide stability for your team
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of large, distributed systems that are stable, scalable, secure, and monitorable
- Design and facilitate collaboration around architecture design for the entire product line
- Partner with Product Managers, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
- Establish and implement best architecture practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools
- Contribute to the long-range plan, and build the technology for taking the Platform to hundreds of thousands of users
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership thorough design and code reviews
- Be a quality champion, manual and automated testing
- 7+ years of experience with hands-on, server side development
- Experience in building software on cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Proven track record in building products on production-grade big data systems
- Understand fundamental design principles behind scalable, AWS-hosted web applications
- Ability to consult with other departments to determine goals, time frame, or limitations for accomplishing objectives
- Experience working closely with Product leaders to understand requirements and build phase-based deliverables to maximize user value
- Ability to identify and manage risks, including the development of contingency and mitigation plans
- Ability to perform hands-on software development
How to apply
- Please follow this link to take the PAIRIN survey and upload your resume.
- The PAIRIN survey will assess your soft skills, your behaviors and mindsets.
- Allow for 20 to 30 minutes to complete the survey in a distraction free environment.
- Only part 1 of the survey is required, but part 2 will give us deeper insights about your ideal self.
- After you complete the survey, we will follow up with a code challenge.